Living with missing teeth presents a multitude of problems. You probably have difficulty chewing the foods you love, so your diet is affected. You may also feel self-conscious about your interactions with other people when you’re not confident about your smile.
There are also implications for your dental health when you’re living with one or multiple missing teeth. A lost tooth root leads to bone loss because your jawbone has nothing to support. Meanwhile, surrounding teeth may shift without a replacement tooth, which increases your risk of developing dental problems like gum disease, tooth decay, or bite misalignment.
Dental implants in Northfield, OH are a tooth replacement solution that can eliminate all of these problems.
How Dental Implants Protect Your Oral Health
A dental implant is designed to restore both your tooth and your root. A titanium post takes the place of your root and naturally fuses and integrates with your bone since it is a biocompatible material. The implant is topped with a ceramic porcelain crown that is both durable and designed to blend seamlessly with your surrounding teeth. The implant protects the health of your bone, while the crown keeps neighboring teeth in place.
The Additional Benefits of Choosing Dental Implants to Restore Your Smile
Besides protecting your oral health, dental implants also offer other significant benefits for patients:
- A dental implant looks, feels, and functions just like a natural tooth.
- With regular dental checkups and a proper brushing and flossing routine, your implant can potentially last for decades, even a lifetime in some cases.
- Because of their excellent longevity, dental implants are a wise investment for many patients since other tooth replacement options will have to be replaced in the future.
- Dental implants are capable of restoring multiple teeth because they can support dental prosthetics like a bridge or denture.
- Surgery for dental implants is minimally invasive and very reliable with a 95 percent success rate.
You Are a Candidate for Dental Implants
At Nordonia Dental Group, we are proud to offer comprehensive implant dentistry to our patients. Our dentists have completed extensive training that allows them to be your guide through the process of completing a dental implant from beginning to end at our Northfield dental office with no need for any referrals elsewhere.
If you’ve been told before that dental implants are not an option for you because of insufficient bone, our dentists can also rebuild your jawbone with a bone grafting procedure that will allow it to support a dental implant successfully.
If you are ready to reclaim your smile and your dental health, contact Nordonia Dental Group to schedule a complimentary implant consultation with one of our dentists and learn how dental implants can restore your smile.